Asha at http://25of8.wordpress.com/ also gave me the Liebster Award! Thanks so much Asha!
The rules of the award are:
- What first inspired you to start writing a blog? My goal to be a published author inspired me to begin blogging. I was advised that publishers and agents like to see an online presence. Since then, my blog has become something else entirely, and the gratification and reward I receive from blogging and from being a part of this amazing community is nothing I could have imagined. Now, if I am never published, I will still be satisfied with what I have here.
- What is the biggest challenge you have had to face when writing a blog? Well, the hugest challenge is time, because I have had many delays with my plans to pursue publication.
- If you traveled through time, what time would you want to arrive at and why? I think it would have to be early 1900s when there was a lot of change going on. I think perhaps it would have been both exciting and terrifying to be a soldier in WWI, when the war was fought differently than any other war because of airplanes and machine guns, etc. Then I’d return home (if I survived that) and would have gone to the bars that illegally served liquor, known some flappers, and maybe put my hand in some efforts for the social changes.
- Do you prefer to eat chocolate, sweets or neither? Chocolate mmmmm
- Do you prefer to read or write? Both but I write more these days than I read.
- What is your favorite genre of writing and why? Novels and poetry because I like to embed and distribute reality within the worlds I create, which I enjoy shaping like literary clay sculpture.
- What is your favorite non-fiction topic to read about and why? Psychology, because I’m fascinated with the human mind and human nature.
- If you could buy one book that would help you solve a problem in your life, what would it be and why? An updated guide to literary agents, for obvious reasons ;)
- Do you prefer to write at night or during the day? Early in the morning, when I’m waking up and the world around me is quiet, before any stressors of the day have a chance to kick in.
- If you could be any character from a book, who would you be and why? Hmmm I can’t think of any character that I want to be because they all go through so much shit, I think I’ll just stick with my life since I’m used to it.
- Do you prefer to read a printed book or an e-Book? Printed absolutely, no hesitation in answering that.
Ok, and here are the bloggers I am giving the Liebster Award to:
Thanks again Asha!